Monday, November 12, 2007

Struggling

Really, it's completely an internal thing. I'm finding solace in a lot of different types of music lately. Thought I should share.

Kasey Chambers - anyone who writes this in a song is inspirational to me: "So I slammed the doors they slammed at me; I found the place I'm meant to be; I figured out my destiny at last." Doesn't that make you feel like curling up in a big, squishy chair with a cup of tea and a kitty in your lap?

Roseanne Cash - so emotional, so intense, anyone who grew up in the same household as Johnny Cash and June Carter has to feel the burn, right? "This thing has turned into a runaway train.."

Patty Griffin - "Even I'm getting tired of useless desires."

So there's your window into Sara for the week. Introspective. I did some more challenges this weekend, but I'm less than impressed with them, so they're just going into the book - never to be seen or heard from again.

You know how sometimes you discover something that's so wonderful, so amazing, makes you feel like you're floating, and you want to share it with the whole world, but then you think it won't be as special if you share it with the whole world? But then you realize, my gosh, if the whole world knew, they would *get* me! And then finally you realize that the whole world is never going to *get* you, so you decide to just go to bed and deal with it in the morning.

That's how I feel tonight. :)

G'nite.

3 comments:

Annette said...

Some insights aren't meant for broadcast and that can be wonderful.

Vera said...

ah, so many things that make me just forget it and deal with it in the morning. I hear ya.

dani j. said...

goodnight. goodnight. goodnight.