Sunday, November 04, 2007

I'll Be Your Stump.

I have a friend who hurts.

I hate that she hurts - anyone would hate it if their friend was in pain - but I've watched this hurt grow from a betrayal many, many years ago, to something that has wracked her entire being, and my heart is breaking for her.

She has been there for me so many times. She's had a leading part in my life for years and years - as my shoulder I cried on during the first big rejection of my world, my sponsor in my journey to Catholicism, my bridesmaid, my son's godmother, my friend, my confidante, and a whole lot of other things that could get me arrested if I put them in print.

We've fought, we've stopped speaking to each other, we've somehow started speaking to each other again, we've squabbled and manipulated and competed and pissed each other off like no one has ever pissed me off before (and I'm sure no one has ever pissed her off like me).

We made it through.

She hurts.

And I hurt for her.

And I just want to put my arms around her and promise her that it's going to be ok - that this really, really sucks, but she's going to get through it, and she's going to be scarred, but she's also going to find out how strong and capable she is.

But really, the only thing I can tell her is that I promise that I will be there for her forever - until all that's left is a stump that she can rest on.

I hope you read this. :)

2 comments:

Adrians Mama said...

Soo...i love your scrapping on your blog..i have recently become fascinated with digiscrapping. I have a couple on my blogsite i did yesterday. I am still a newbie though. Sorry your friend is hurting you always were a great friend and so i know you are hurting for her.

Anonymous said...

Give me a quiet place to sit and rest.
Thank you.